Welcome to the New York City Department of Education's online registration and application site for future school leaders.
Since its inception in 2003, NYC's Children First Agenda has been based on the underlying belief that school leaders are critical levers of change and should be empowered to make decisions and be held accountable for results. The Department of Education seeks outstanding educators to become great school leaders who will ensure that each and every one of the 1.1 million students in NYC public schools succeeds and is prepared for college and life.
This site is the first step to becoming a school leader. Through this site, you will be able to:
- Register and create an online professional profile that you can use in all future applications (You must complete this profile before you can apply to any of the following.)
- Apply to the Principal Candidate Pool
- Apply to the LEAP
- Following acceptance into the Principal Candidate Pool, apply to principal vacancies (NEW)
- Apply to assistant principal vacancies (NEW)
This site enables you to enter all of your background information once instead of re-entering it for every application. You can update this information at any time.
Click here for a step-by step Applicant Guide to the registration and profile process. Follow the quick steps below to get started.
EXISTING MEMBER of the NYC DOE Principal Pool
Please note, if you are an EXISTING MEMBER of the NYC DOE Principal Pool, please log into the system at right, by entering your File # as your Username and the last 4 digits of your SS# as your Password. After your first login, your Username will automatically convert to your email address. All other candidates must complete the Registration process below to enter the system.
REGISTRATION PROFILE & ONLINE APPLICATION NEXT STEPS
- To start your registration, click on the "Register Now!" button below
- Define your username (your email address) and password. Your email address will also be the primary means for contacting you. Therefore, please ensure it is an inbox you check regularly and update your spam filter so that your account allows email from the NYC Department of Education.
- The online registration includes six steps. You may complete these steps in any order.
- You are not required to complete your profile, position-specific applications, or Principal Candidate Pool application in one sitting. You may stop and return later to complete your profile or application by clicking on "SAVE AND EXIT" once a section has been completed. (Please note the system will not record any information you enter during a session unless you click either the "SAVE AND EXIT" or "SAVE AND CONTINUE" icon.)
- You may preview and/or print your entire profile prior to, during, or after completion of the information entry process by clicking on the PREVIEW icon.
- Mandatory fields are labeled with an asterisk (*) and must be completed or your profile or application will not be accepted.
- Please note the "FAQ" and "Customer Support" links in the upper right-hand corner of the page. These provide additional information and support as you complete your profile and/or applications. They also tell you what types of information you should have available as you complete your profile.
If you experience technical difficulties with this site, technical support staff may be reached at 1-877-368-3224.
If you have any questions about the processes, please contact the following offices:
- Principal Candidate Pool: email@example.com or 718-935-5226
- LEAP: LEAP@schools.nyc.gov or 212-374-2534
- Principal and/or Assistant Principal vacancies: firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-935-4000
Thank you for your interest in becoming a school leader.
New York City Department of Education
FOR SUPERINTENDENTS, CENTRAL, AND NETWORK STAFF to request access to this system for principal or AP selection, please email email@example.com or 718-935-4000.